- June 9, 2016: “Health Net Payments Trickle in to Addiction Treatment Centers as CA Regulators Investigate Insurer” by Attorney Kelly Hagemann
- May 16, 2016: Attempted Fix for VA Health Delays Creates New BureaucracyMontana – The scandal over how long it took vets to get treated at the VA somehow ended in Health Net being awarded $10 billion to treat veterans. NPR reports that Tony Lapinski, a former aircraft mechanic with the Air Force, has waited for answers on the phone with Health Net, one of the two contractors the VA selected to help Veterans Choice patients. Lapinski finally got to a neurosurgeon, but he didn’t exactly feel like his Choice card was carte blanche. Doctors, it turns out, are waiting, too — for payment, he says
- April 26,2016: Health Net rescinds recoupment affecting Tricare military familiesAccording to this report Health Net is backpedaling on requiring home birthing providers to pay for the deductible or cost shares for their services – they didn’t initially pay – since 2011. Health Net said it recognized “the financial burden this process placed on home birth providers who provide essential access to care for our Tricare beneficiaries, HNFS is canceling this recoupment effort.”
- Federal Judge Faith S. Hochberg sanctions Health Net for “scorched earth” litigation tactics in Wachtel and McCoy v Health Net Civ. Docket No. 01-4183.
- New Jersey District Court 2008 Decision that required Health Net to pay $250,000,000 in sanctions and for use of Ingenix, a “faulty” for profit data base that resulted in underpayments to Health Net insured who used an out-of-network provider. Civ. Docket No. 01-4183.
Everything posted on this website is for informational purposes only and a matter of opinion. Nothing posted should be construed as legal advice. You are permitted and encouraged to share this information with any licensed attorney.